Sunday, August 30, 2009

A Day At The Aquarium

Enjoying Utah's natural habitat exhibit.
Do you see all the fish?

Stingray pool

Ooooo Shark.

Look Dad, buggies.

See, more fish.

Oakley, Daddy, and Nana looking through the fish tank.

Fishy face.
Oakley looking through the fish tank.

Dad, I want to pet the fish.

As most of you know Josh and I savor our Sundays. This is our day to lay low, relax, and possibly stay in our pajamas all day. It's our day of sports whether it we watch Nascar or football. Well due to my procrastination we ventured to the Aquarium today. You see my Mom works for CVE and they did the expansion for The Living Planet Aquarium in Sandy. So I guess as a thank you she was given free tickets. Now she told me about the tickets a few months ago. Do you think I did anything about it? No. After constant reminding it came down to the tickets having to be used by the end of this weekend. If you've stayed current with my blog you would know that we went to the aquarium back in February when Wendie and Shelby came to visit. My memory stinks these days, but I did recall it being rather busy on Saturday so this time I figured Sunday would be better. So we forfeited our pajamas.

Sunday was the jackpot day. There were hardly any people so Oakley was able to run a muck without me being paranoid of him getting lost or someone stealing him. He did have to wear his bear backpack (leash) but he wasn't restrained to the stroller this time. I can't begin to tell you how much fun he had. He climbed up on everything to check out what was in each tank. He wanted to see the stingrays, but opted not to pet them. It was close to feeding time so the rays were coming to the surface quite a bit in hopes of finding food. Oakley just backed up when their heads came to the surface with a look on his face like "No way Jose". He did however want to pet the fish that were swimming with the rays but unfortunately the fish did not want to be pet. He liked looking at all the "buggies" (spiders), but it was not cool with him when the eel's voltage gauge starting detecting voltage. All in all he had a great time. He even got to visit the cafe where Dad gave in and bought him a cookie. Needless to say he was worn out by the time we got home and he had a nice long nap. So did Mom, Dad, and Easton.

Oakley and Daddy.


Easton and Mommy. They had fun too.

No comments:

Post a Comment