Saturday, July 18, 2009

~3 Weeks~


Our little Easton is now 3 weeks old and we are adjusting. That's the best way to explain it...adjusting. Oakley is getting more and more comfortable around his little brother. 3 weeks ago he wouldn't even look at me if I was holding Easton and just the other day he tried to pull the baby out of my arms because he wanted to hold him. I still have to remind him to be easy and gentle because Oakley thinks he should be able to poke Easton if he wants. Oakley also thinks he should be able to play basketball with the baskets that hang off the end of the pack n play and again I have to remind him that his brother is laying on the other side of the baskets and playing basketball isn't a great idea. He definitely likes to test his limits whenever I'm feeding Easton but all in all he's a good boy...for the most part. Don't ask me to repeat that statement on a day to day basis because some days are better than others. Today would be a good day.

My recovery has gone well so I can't complain in that department. I'm still tired from time to time so my house isn't immaculate, but I try to get at least one thing accomplished every day. Some days that accomplishment is a shower and I just have to accept that. It would be great if the boys would nap at the same time during the day and on the days that they do I seize the opportunity and take a nap myself. Sorry toilets you'll just have to wait until tomorrow...or next week. :-)

(As you can see I started this post last week and I'm just now finishing.)

No comments:

Post a Comment